07 March 2008

Don't Panic!

To all my blogging students: Don't Panic! You do not have to have all the class links on your blog this week. You can use my links to get to some of your classmates to read and respond to their blogs. If you are NOT on my list to the right, be sure to post your blog address in WEEK ONE in Blackboard. I will not evaluate the first week's blog until later in WEEK TWO.

Happy blogging and keep up the good work!

Now, about the LOST episode last night. What the heck was up with that? My current theory is that the island houses a singularity (essentially a collapsed black hole) which makes time bend around it and is slowly collapsing a part of the universe around itself (the island). Anyone else watch LOST?

WEEK TWO BLOG (for those who want to get an early start): Please read "The Allegory of the Cave" on Wikipedia. What, in your own words, is an allegory? What is the allegory all about? What connections can you make with The Matrix? And, yes, there is a lot of material on the web about this. If you use ideas from a source, be sure to tell us where it came from and post the link. Do not cut and paste off someone elses' blog or website onto your blog.

7 comments:

Brandon said...

I'm not a fan of LOST, but I am a fan of 24 and HEROES; who, at the moment, is terribly LOST without his favorite television shows to watch. Why couldn't NBC have ordered a full season's worth of episodes for JOURNEYMAN? Why must they insist on force feeding us LIPSTICK JUNGLE, for that matter?

C. Jason Smith said...

I am TOTALLY behind the writers' strike. But, it is annoying. Which is what a strike is suppossed to be I guess.

Brandon said...

All I know is, we (the little people) got skunked, and now we're being made to suffer the death of reality TV.

helen. said...

LOST is great. I didnt watch the lastest one that came out but the island hold mysterious powers and it seems so unreal in some ways...

C. Jason Smith said...

It seems so unreal in all ways to me. I mean, polar bears on tropical islands? BTW I used to live close to where they film it. They film on the North Shore of Hawaii and the mountains you always see in the background are the Kuhukus where I used to sleep in the mud (I was in the Army then).

helen. said...

But even though it seems unreal I guess that is the writer's point to draw us in by adding all sorts of odd creatures on the island, especailly the black mist/smoke that kills people?... I mean it's just an illusion to the islanders I suppose.

(((Hema))) said...

do we get a grade for the blogs?