18 March 2008

BLOG THREE

OK folks, for BLOG THREE you will be responding to our readings on Gnosticism and comparing the basic tenants of Gnosticism to Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" to The Matrix. I want to see more thinking and less summarizing. We have all read the material (or should have), we have all seen the film, we all know what happens (more or less). I am more interested now in seeing YOU making connections and putting you ideas into written form. If you are having trouble with the concepts in the readings (gnosticism is not easy by any stretch of the imagination) that is fine. Don't panic. Blog about what you are confused about (being actively confused is a thinking activity).

3 comments:

nick said...

Before I took this class I did not know there were so many philosophies behind the matrix like Allegory of the cave and Gnosticism. I understood the matrix and the Allegory of the cave but I found Gnosticism to be a little confusing. I understand that it describes the world that we know as a material world with no real importance and that there are two supreme beings that are good and evil. But what makes it so different and important from other monotheistic religions I mean they all have about the same idea.

chum chum said...

hey dr smith im pretty sure my blog for three has improved since my last ones i was kind of lost because it was a lot of reading but i got the concept and idea

chum chum said...

hey dr smith im pretty sure my blog for three has improved since my last ones i was kind of lost because it was a lot of reading but i got the concept and idea